Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Easy Part

For this test, I just did a "Cut 2" but for a jacket like this, Lucy's symmetrical enough. This time I made note of right side versus wrong side though. I decided to call parts left or right based on my left or right as I look at the form. For the shoulders, it seems I went with as viewed from the front.


WWSKD? I think for matching the curved edges of the shoulder pieces to the front and back body pieces, I'll have to try hand basting them next time. This time, I used pins and given the way they have to be held together, I could hardly pull them out before sewing over them. Fortunately this is before I culled and replaced a bunch of pins from the old pincushion. Time for a new needle.

But what do you know, when I tried it on Lucy, it came out pretty good. I took some pictures, and they mostly looked like hell. Turns out you (the you you, not the we you) can't see how well seams actually line up with the form, plus one layer of muslin doesn't hang well, so as soon as I stop messing with it to take a picture, it looks like hell.

Step down at center back to be added later.
The fun part comes next, where Lucy's arms go back on and we see if I can drape a sleeve into this.


No comments:

Post a Comment