Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sleeve

It's about time to start spending the latest batch of vouchers and so I needed to come up with a plan for what fabrics to buy. I took the basic pattern pieces and thought about a cutting layout. It looks like it could work with the two yards of Chanel fabric I have, but it's going to be close and so I figure I will save that fabric for a different project. No idea what will go in its place, but we'll see.

I've laid a new tape line around Lucy's neckline, out a bit to put a little more room in the collar but haven't made the new pattern piece yet. After consulting the draping books, I found that they mostly call for drafting the sleeve and then adjusting the test piece. I tried to use the Mistao body pattern pieces to check the measurements and drafted away.


I picked the "jacket" variation from the book, but left the basic draft lines since I think the books means suit jacket not outerwear. Still, both should be fitted and at this point, there's not much styling put into the pattern. When the test gets done, I'll mainly be looking out for too much ease. I don't want to have to be stuffing too much sleeve into that armscye.

No comments:

Post a Comment