Friday, July 5, 2013

Line Starts Over Here

Looking at pictures of Misato's jacket, I get a feeling that the hem line might not be physically possible. It goes up and down and I'm not 100% sure how it all connects as you go from front to back. I think it works, but the problem might just be how all the ups and downs translate into a real garment that you can see all at once.

For starters, I used the cotton tape to define the shoulder sections. You put that between the collar and the main body sections and there shouldn't be as much going on as it appears at first. The collar mostly just stands straight up at the neck line. I want to lay out the other lines (lower back, alignment of the front closure, etc) but this is a good start for this time of night. Now I feel like I did "something" when I'm not going to start the Akari bodice test until at least tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment