Wednesday, July 17, 2013

New Fabric Choice

Was this the right call? I don't know, but I think I will feel more and more like yes until I try to actually use it. Then who knows! There were some other contenders, primarily some black cashmere, but I went with this. I saw some nice red wool crepe, but decided not to go red, too close the "real" thing. There was some nice Valentino wool fabric, with a nice pattern woven into it (all black) but like some of the nice silk houndstooth I saw, I couldn't get comfortable with how it would all lay out and look in the end.

I got this raw silk and in the store, I thought the plaidishness wasn't obvious enough to really be a factor in the garment. Looking at this picture, I'm not sure, but it may be the ol' trick of looking at something too close up and out context. Either way, I got enough that I should be able to make the jacket twice, assuming as always that something stupid will happen with the first.


No comments:

Post a Comment