Sunday, February 3, 2013

Testing, testing

"Contrarily, the pull will be minished." I knew what they meant, and now I see how it minishes. The screw at A locks the knob at B in place, which is connected to C by a spring.


Turning B while A is loose adjusts the tension on the spring. The spring then drives the blade when it falls.


I couldn't get much change from trying to turn it in the unminishing direction, but without the minimum tension on it, all you get is this.



Another adjustment for the kilted is the screw at A below. Loosen it up and depending on where you lock it back down in that curved slot, you allow the blade to push that much farther. At one end, you get minimal kilted, like on the left end of the sample above. At the other end, I got a mess when it tried to push to much, or maybe too far, or both. Translating the instructions, I think this thin muslin needs less pull and if I tried heavier fabrics, then I would want to set it back to the unminished end.




No comments:

Post a Comment