Thursday, February 7, 2013

Attachments

Looks like I will spend the week thinking about stuff I might try over the weekend. For the attachment of the tiers, two things came to mind to consider. One, my sewing machine is in a flat table, so no free arm but then two, it's not like you can baste down the ruffled layer so I expect it will be easier to do that flat. I came up with a theory to test, and that is, to sew the tier sections to petersham/grosgrain ribbon (pick your favorite term, the formable one) then pressing up and over. The ribbon would then be sewn to the corset/underskirt.

This seems like it will be easier to apply and provide some support to the tiers. The long center back opening construction is then independent of the ruffling, more or less. Getting back to the snap on layer of the Grace Kelly, I have the possibly stupid thought that the fourth tier can have some sort of removable attachment to the underskirt for when Akari gets divorced and wants to get some use out of it as a party dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment