Tuesday, February 19, 2013

If at first you don't succeed

I've been interested in the 1/16" hemmer foot since I want to make keep things as less visible as possible, but I decided to start with the 1/8" foot just to make testing easy.

Uh...


Okay, how about a 1/4" foot? That's starting to look more like it. This may be why I've heard it suggested to press a hem appropriate section at the start to feed first. I'll have to practice just a little more and think about a presentable way to start and end these sections. Fortunately, the bobbin thread finally gave out.



The nice thing about the industrial machine is the affordable thread. I may or may not have a dozen cones in a box that I may or may not get to use too soon.



While we're rethreading, maybe we should have more than one of these on standby...

So I only did four, the black one was already there.


I also learned how to set the motor to run in the opposite direction. I had to crank it back up from the ruffler speed to wind the bobbins in a timely manner and when I had to go to the FM, I learned what some more of the codes and settings are on here.

This is not a picture of the motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment