Monday, April 8, 2013

Pin Up

The quick look, since the ruffler is a bit of bother to take off, is something like this. Ideally, when this is made up of the real stuff, with boning and whatnot, it will look a lot less wrinkly than pinning up this muslin like this. Really, I could pin and repin and repin to make it look smoother, but this was supposed to get sewn on to the other pieces I traced out again first anyway. But in the meantime, I wanted to see how close it was. I started by pinning the top side seam corners on both sides and then the side seams down. Then I worked the various darts and did some repinning all around to even it out, but close enough. This is kind of why I say I don't care about the seam allowances, just the seam lines, cause they can be lined up on the seam lines on the dress form's cover and fit checked that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment