Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Next Episode

While I think on the Akari, I should start thinking about a couple other projects. Or, I should just do one and think about the other. Mother's Day is coming up and I still have this pile of fabric I was supposed to make pillowcases out of for my mother's Shriner's group. They make pillowcases for the hospital and someone's mother realized her son had an industrial sewing machine and 8,000,000 yards of thread. I hope these kids are young enough or not too cool to appreciate that there's wizards on this fabric.

I didn't notice that rhymes
 
I think this is the way it's going to go, with wizards on the main part and lizards on the band. Need to check the yardage and see which one I have more of and proceed accordingly.

For Project #4, I decided to amp up the nerditry. I've had a length of Chanel boucle in the closet for a while. I think it was a remnant from a 2009 or 2010 collection. What would a person making a recreation of Grace Kelly's wedding dress and wizard and lizard pillowcases do with Chanel fabric? What would Susan Khalje do? If she was a geek. She would (pending verification that she had enough fabric) make a version of Misato Katsuragi's jacket. What a great idea!

This comes off as charcoal, though it's more black when I look at it. Just looking at it, I can tell "raveling" may not be adequate to describe what this will be like to work with. I already have a limited amount to work with and it will have to be laid out like a patterned fabric but what might kill this project is if it completely disappears one wooly thread at a time. It might start out cut to fit Lucy and end up sized for an action figure.

Is this the right side?
What are you asking me for?

No comments:

Post a Comment