Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Filed under Duh

After I remembered that the Akari is going to be constructed based on the structure of the Grace Kelly, I realized I could just take the bodice piece and extend it down to get something to put the ruffles on. The bottom edge of the piece was already past the wide point of the hips, so there's no shaping necessary for the stuff that is going to just be a place to put ruffles.

It's like a rectangle or something.

Another big sheet of paper traced on later, it hits me that you don't need the top half to draft the bottom section. Hell, you don't even need to draft the bottom section at all! On the plus side, I remembered to construct it like this before I went too far with the separate skirt. It doesn't matter that much on the front, but the back has to replicate the front opening of the underbodice/slip section of the Grace Kelly and it will matter when I start putting that together.

No comments:

Post a Comment