Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Back to the drawing board

Having decided to just extend the bottom of the bodice pattern pieces into the skirt/attachment point for the tiers, I decided to redraft the back sections into one piece. This might be wrong, since it doesn't match the picture and probably won't carry over to the Grace Kelly either. Of course, the original separate pieces could be extended also, but we'll see. I probably get closer fitting with the separate pieces too.

While thinking about that, I got to thinking about the real construction of the bodice. This will be lined with steel boning and all that good stuff. I had it vaguely in mind to fold over the top edge as a sort of facing and use that to attach to the lining. But I have the darts at the top edge rather than separate seams as on the average corset. This is in keeping with my previous ruling on how to follow the book on the Grace Kelly. I need to puzzle out how I want to get that top edge folded over and darted and not a bulky mess at those points. For now, I will assume there will be a few muslin samples going in the trash first...

Probably didn't need this

No comments:

Post a Comment