Monday, April 8, 2013

Pattern Pieces

As a test, I figure I will take some of these parts, make "real"-ish pattern pieces and make up some more muslin samples. (Yes, muslin pieces copied to paper copied back to muslin and sewn together. It makes sense to me anyway.) I already have the front bodice piece and took off the side/back pieces and transferred them to paper.

There's a marudai under there somewhere...

Cut off a piece of paper and then trace the muslin parts and clean up with a square and curves. I'll assume this is the butcher paper from ULINE, since it's either that or freezer paper, and their freezer paper has a poly coating on one side. A roll of this stuff lasts a while. The vertical stand makes it a lot easier to find a convenient spot for it in the house.  This is the 36" roll and stand and while I think it would be cool to have the 48", I don't know how much practical benefit it would be. I'd have to buy a new lamp for that corner.

In the past I've drawn seam allowances around as well, but as long as you realize these are the sewing lines, what's the point? Seam allowance can be whatever.



You can see where this is going. Imagine the darts darted up/

Who left the ruffler on again?


And back to muslin...


No comments:

Post a Comment