Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Little More Shinkai

The Shinkai shipments are probably about to wind down, with the last chapter of The Garden of Words manga out next week, but a couple little things came today.

The next chapter in The Garden of Words novelization in Da Vinci magazine. This guy's all like, "Hey girl..."


The novelization is in a B&W insert in the magazine.


And another picture that I can't tell you much about.


While Yesasia is still running their $25 minimum order for free shipping, I did have to find some odds and ends to bring it up. I got the DVD of the video for Sakura Nagashi by Hikaru Utada. I knew it was just a single, but for some reason I thought it would the song (CD format) and the video, instead of just a video. It was an inexpensive filler so okay.

I also got this little book of Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below.

"Sayonara"

I had been trying to figure out exactly what would be in it, but since I needed another inexpensive filler, I took a chance. Seriously, I need to learn to read Japanese so I can figure out who this is on the cover flap.

Akisaka Asahi, I can now say

Dogs are smart, but I don't know if they can work a word processor. While it's mostly text, this book does have some color pages that appear to be bits from the art books. From what I could make out using online translators, I was thinking this might be mostly art book kind of stuff, but it's more novelization with some B&W illustrations as well. I don't know why I never thought of it before, but this picture of Lisa just made me think of Weird Science.


No comments:

Post a Comment