Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sweeticle, Also the Pencil Sharpener

The CC-2000 sharpener was so great, I also picked up the CP-100, the Sweeticle. These actually come in colors other than black, so I went with "violet". The pictures I took came out more to the pink than the purple side, especially the one of the back.


The smaller Sweeticle operates essentially the same as the CC-2000. The clamping is operated by the small "ear", though on this one, it's more immediately obvious that only one side actually moves. It also has the rubber covered grippers, which is one reason I went with this model over the Angel-5. That model is between these in price and size and available in other colors, but apparently has metal-only grippers that dig into the pencil, leaving "tooth" marks. The Angel-5 doesn't come in any colors I have to have, so I saved the extra $10.50 and got this one.


The clamping section is pulled out first, the pencil clamped in, and retracts as the pencil feeds in during sharpening. The CP-100 has body-colored plastic guide rods versus metal on the CC-2000.



The Sweeticle only has two options for the point, but like the CC-2000, I'm likely only to use one particular setting anyway.


The CC-2000 cutter assembly on the right is made of more metal but is still similar.


The Sweeticle is overall smaller and lighter, being made mostly of plastic, where the CC-2000 has mostly metal parts. I sharpened another dozen pencils and the results are the same. I suppose the plastic model might not hold up as long, but a new cutter/handle assembly is only $7.25 on Amazon, so who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment