Thursday, March 7, 2013

Not this weekend again

I cut some sections of 10" wide for Tier 2 and then tried to decide if I should go to 15 or 20 inches for Tier 3. I thought that two 15" sections (adding a Tier 4) might make a good overall length, but for now, I just made 20" sections, figuring I can move it up higher under Tier 2 to simulate the shorter section. Then everything got all busy and now it looks like it will be Monday before I have a chance to roll n ruffle these.

After cutting three each of the 10 and 20 inch sections, I realized that makes about 3 yards of muslin for testing just that bit. I buy the whole 25 yard bolts, but still, Coupon Commotion is this week so I thought maybe I should add to the stash. Fortunately I got busy, since I looked in the other closet and found like 5 extra bolts and realized I either have to cut a lot more samples or I'll be in danger of getting on one of those hoarder shows. But in 2025, when I start on the Grace Kelly in earnest, I'll be totally happy to have that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment