Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Maybe

Okay, I adjusted the third tier so it appears shorter. Then I took the "skirt" that was on Lucy when I started pinning on these tiers and hiked it up and pinned it to the bottom of the form. This gives it a little poof and looking at it now, I'm not sure it's not going to work. From the manga photo, I think Tier 1 needs a little more length and all of them need more gathering.

The ruffler has cams for every-4-stitches or every-8 stitches and I'm pretty sure the 4 stitch is already in there. So I guess I have two options, one to shorten the stitch length so four stitches comes sooner or two, to minish the pull of the kilting. Number two is probably better, but when I tried it before, I pretty much got all or none. I bet I can crank that thing up though, so I'll try that first. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I don't think I want to use stitch length for this.

I didn't originally think of this as a short wedding dress, given that this was meant to be as much a version of the Grace Kelly as anything, but now I don't think I'm going any longer on this one.

Getting there

No comments:

Post a Comment