Tuesday, March 12, 2013

No flash photography please

Maybe it's the muslin, maybe it's the lack of underlaying poof, but I'm not taking a picture of this. I suppose it was educational though. Depending on the length, it's got to be one or two of the 15" (or whatever shorter length) tiers for #3 and maybe a #4. I'll guess it's going to be a 3 tier short number.

The pleats on the wider tiers don't carry down to the hem to give the same effect they do on the first tier, which I bet also gets made wider. Who knows. I need to adjust the minishment or something and think about it some more. I'm not sure the flared and puffed up tiers wasn't the right idea at the moment. But I'm not taking a picture of this even if it might make me make some sense!

By accident, I found a roll hemmer foot article in an old magazine. Next time I think I will take their advice about sewing across the leading corner and using the thread tails to help get things started. The fabric was really not wanting to get started though once it did, I was able to control the feeding much better and adjust for the not 100% straight edge. I do have a stash of rotary cutter blades from a previous Black Friday, and I was thinking about the fact that I don't have a cutting mat while I was trying to hem.

No comments:

Post a Comment