Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Garden of Words, Manga

The Garden of Words, or Kotonoha no Niwa, manga has been serialized in Afternoon magazine, from June through the December 2013 edition. There may be another chapter in the December issue, or it might just be an ad for what appears to be the trade paperback collection coming out next month but will have to wait for that issue to get here from HK to see. I put the book on pre-order with an expected release date of 11/22, so it probably won't get here before early/mid-December. Oh wait, just got an email saying delayed to 11/29...

Too bad I can't read a word of it, but the first installment of the manga is here!


Oh wait, I had to look up kai, but otherwise I can now tell that she is asking him if they've met somewhere before, as opposed to the movie, where he asks her.

A few color pages to kick things off

Second installment





Third Installment


Putting the bill in yen just makes shoe school seem so much more expensive!



Fourth Installment


Fifth installment on the way. From what I read, there will be six total.

Someone's going to lay the smack down in part five...

Fifth installment!


I'm going to say this is a flashback to Yukino's time as a teacher. I'm not sure what that girl's saying but those are some mean looking speech bubbles, so it's probably not very nice.


Of course, Akizuki "drinks beer and falls down" in this chapter, but it ends with him coming to Yukino with his lines, "Even if rain comes not, I will stay here, together with you." So the last chapter will mostly be happy for him...

Sixth installment...


That is one awesome omelette!


If I could read this, I would know why it seems to stop short! Does it say, "Buy the blu-ray!" or does it say, "See our website for the conclusion!" or does it say, "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!" I don't know!


The Seventh, and I'm pretty sure, Final Installment!


This week, I can read the frame below! In the movie, I really felt the voice actor's work, and it was my favorite bit since Mari yelled "Point blank, sh*thead!" in the English dub of Eva 2.22. And that's actually saying a lot more than it sounds like, cause I have an irrational aversion to dubs for a guy who can't understand Japanese!


The last panel is a nice extension of the movie. It's to the right of the ad here for the collected book version coming out in about a week. Google translates it to "I can walk forever." and Bing says "You could walk to everywhere." Like Spock talking to the space thing in IV, I can make the sounds, but I don't know what they mean.

Amazon JP has a nice color picture of the cover, but no "look inside" preview yet. YesAsia claims they're shipping mine on the 29th, so it will be a few weeks before I get it.

The book is here, see this other post for a bit more on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment