Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oops

By this time, I was supposed to have made progress on the Akari, but while distracted by another round of spring cleaning, I guess I threw away my bodice muslins. Oh well, sounds like a plan for the holiday weekend. Anyway, the first pillowcases were reviewed and approved for normal production. My mother sent a box of assorted fabric and I have started prepping it for a long serging session.


Also in the box were a couple doodads and buttons looking for holes. She sez she doesn't know anyone that can do a buttonhole. Now, eventually it occurred to me that I wasn't doing these because someone doesn't own a sewing machine... That's okay, cause I love this buttonholing contraption!

To set the size of the button hole, the attachment has an adjustment like this. Move it down to make a longer buttonhole.


It only goes up to 1" so someone is going to be left out.


At first I thought the markings on my Harbor Freight table were off, since the smaller button seemed bigger than expected, but it turned out I failed to operate a tape measure properly. Measure twice, cut one, thank you.

 One 1" buttonhole coming up..


Looking at the hole, I could see it didn't have the satin stitch prettiness of my Singer, which got old and moved out on its own one day. Oh, the manual is right here and sez if you want to make longer buttonholes, you got to set it to make more stitches.Turn this screw an unspecified amount clockwise to do so.

That screw in the middle
This looks like one hell of a mess, but this is what you get when you turn unspecified amounts as you go around. Wherever I left it should be right though.

I always say, it's okay it looks like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment