Friday, August 9, 2013

Needles and Pins

I picked up some more needles for my Juki and when they showed up, I noticed something different about the packaging.


Besides now being made in Vietnam rather than Japan, I noticed that all the needles I had were marked "BP". Ball point? What the hell? I still don't remember where I ordered those from, so I can't tell if it was my mistake or theirs, but it was long enough ago that I probably should have noticed sometime already. By the time I noticed, the sale was over so maybe I'll get some more next time in other sizes. Should I ever take up knits, I guess I will have a good supply of needles.

Next up in the box was the Clover magnetic pin caddy. This little guy has a pin box that fits into the bottom of it and it orients all the pins like this automagically.


My wrist is getting close to healed enough for a pincushion again, but I think I'm really digging this. I gave it a test run while starting in on the pillowcases. Just throw the pins at it and they organize themselves and it really is easy to get needles off of it.

I also got a new bottle of lubricant for the Juki so maybe this weekend I will take the time to drain the oil pan and refill it.

On the patternmaking front, I made an adjustment to the front bodice piece of the Akari, shaving off a triangle about 3/4" x 4" from the upper (my) right corner. A quick test piece shows that as bringing that side in line with Lucy's guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment