Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Steel Tipped Steel

Add to the list of things to do, find the rest of the tips for the steel boning. But I put my eye protection on and tried cutting a piece off one of the rolls. I read somewhere that you can just cut one side of one spiral and the section will come right off, but I found the bolt cutters I bought weren't conducive to being that fine about it. Not that it mattered, but I'm not sure if this steel is not that hard or the cutters were just overdoing it.

Rather than using needle-nose pliers, I used the linesman's pliers for the flat sections, watching not to let things slide into the clipping section of the jaws. A quick squeeze to bring in the legs of the "U" shape and then one to across the flat side to flatten it down, and ta-dow! And add to the list, narrow ribbon to make casings.


No comments:

Post a Comment