Friday, June 21, 2013

Skirt Again

Currently I'm leaning toward making the skirt completely separate from the bodice. I don't know if this is Grace Kelly thinking appropriate, so I may throw this away again at some point, but we'll see. Theoretically I have these pieces draped and sketched out somewhere, but I wanted to try again. So I set up a line with this 1/8" cotton tape where I think I want the skirt to start. Considering how Tier 1 will fluff up from here, I think it's a reasonable starting point for this test.


This part consists of starting a piece of muslin on the form, with the grain set starting from the center line and horizontal line and then pinching in some darts to match the princess lines. Mark various points with a pencil so you can draw a pattern piece out of it later.

Working on the front

I did the back as one piece too, though I will probably end up splitting this down the center back for the opening.

You really just need the area between the style line and hip line to start.
The markings need to be cleaned up after the fact, but these things will get adjusted when I make test pieces anyway. Despite what it looks like, this post was not created with leftover pictures from a previous post!



No comments:

Post a Comment