Monday, September 19, 2011

Just thinking

So I haven't had a chance to think about double vertical darts enough lately, but I am on the edge of having some ideas. I put the first test piece back on the form and moved it around, checking the changes in fit based on where I moved each dart, or rather where I moved them to point relative to the apex of the bust, where all darts theoretically go. The test pattern was flat drafted from the (a) book and the fabric on the dress form wasn't exactly located "by the numbers". Still, it was good enough to be used for educational purposes.

I went back to the pattern drafting books trying to find some theory on the messing around with of double fisheye darts. Maybe I dreamed it, but I could swear I saw a picture that held the key for a moment and no matter how many times I look, I can't find it again. The upside is I came up with at least two more options for double vertical darts that would cause a pattern piece to fit corsetishly. Pictures to follow of cheesy drawings to explain each one (there will be four) and then probably at least two will get drafted and made up for testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment