Friday, April 11, 2014

The Garden of Words, the Novel

Yesterday, going to work in the morning, I thought the trees would be blossoming any day now. By the late afternoon, I could hardly see the cars parked under the row of trees outside my office window. It seems like the flowering trees around here, now all in bloom, are not as well filled-out as previous years, and I wonder if it is due to the "over-achieving" winter that finally just ended. Good enough, though!


The Garden of Words novel came today, and I neglected to notice that it is a hardcover. Since I was ordering them from Japan, I got three copies. One for reading, one for "the archives" and one more cause it's easier to get one more now in case anything happens to the other two.


The cover is nice, with the foil leaf details. I didn't get a picture, but the book has green and pink leaves on the cover under the dust jacket.


One copy came with this card tucked into the little band.


Speaking of "the archives", I immediately picked the nicest copy and put it along with the card into this waterproof plastic tub I got to consolidate all my "good copies" of books, CDs, DVDs, blu-rays and everything else. In case of fire, this is the first thing that gets saved!


No comments:

Post a Comment