Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Parts

Another bag of silk taffeta is what I ended up with from the last vouchers. This latest idea is supposed to have a dress and a jacket based on the Akari and Misato projects, so today in lieu of any great ideas, I started tracing out potential pattern pieces.


I'm thinking that the front of the jacket may not have any closure, just two edges meeting in the center front. I started tracing the two fronts, overlapped as the garment would be, but leaving out the "notch" in front.


The bottom edge is straight across and I put a center line in. This piece will get cut into two separate pieces eventually. A similar back piece was traced out, omitting the "step down" in back.

For the moment, I'll keep the shoulder and sleeve pieces from the Misato on top of the pile. I haven't decided on the neckline either, but I'm leaning towards nothing. The jacket may be heading boler-ish, just by coincidence.


For that shoulder piece, I'm debating cutting it in half at the shoulder seam and integrating the front section into the front jacket pieces and leaving the back section as-is. I could have sworn I took a picture of the rear body piece, but the combined front looks almost the same, so I'll use that for a quick idea. As part of this, I would split the rear body piece also as below and then sew a test up to see if it looks like it does in my head. In the meantime, I'll try to come up with fabrics and how I would use them if I go for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment